Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bitter-Sweet Goodbyes

This year, I was greatly blessed by being surrounded by so many wonderful people and saying goodbye to all of them was incredibly difficult, but it was time for a new adventure. Bestema and Dad both left before I did and, as anyone present will tell you, I was a mess, but knowing that my entire family supports me so much in everything I do is a great feeling.
This is what 2 1/2 lbs of gummy worms
 looks like
I can't say that I have ever had such a rewarding summer as I did this year. Thanks to my parents who let me spend massive amounts of time with my friends, often times at our house eating them out of house and home, I was able to make friends that will last a lifetime. A few of them left before I did for family trips or college or whatnot, but I am so glad that I was able to be with the majority of them until the very end.
To those of you who stayed at my house until I left at 3:30am, staying awake, making me laugh, dealing with me crying, and as always, eating as much as you could: Thank you. You have no idea how much that meant to me or how much I love each and everyone of you.
I am quite certain that I have legitimately never cried so much in my life, but knowing that I was crying because of the supportive people that I have in my life, I suppose, makes it a bit better.
Also, to those who snuck cards into my suitcase (The Bros, Lacey, Mom, and Hannah). I hate you (even though I just told you the exact opposite in the last paragraph). The cards were very sweet and, of course, made me tear up.
Anywhoooo, that actually isn't part of being in Peru, but I still consider it part of my exchange. Alright, on to some serious informative blogging...or whatever people try to do when they blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment